• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Original Oceans 11

I

Icarus

I saw this movie yesterday - since I knew that I loved the remake, I would give the original a shot since, well, it was remade.
My impressions were the following,
"WHICH ONE IS DANNY OCEAN?"
"...so did they get away with it?"
"all of these old men look alike!"

yeah...I didn't like it because I couldn't figure out who was who - or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Danny Ocean is the one played by George Clooney. They get away with it because every security cam and all communications were intercepted and controlled by the group in their suite

OP
I

Icarus

Thanks...that was released in 2001. :)
The one I watched yesteday was released in 1960-ish
and Danny Ocean was played by Frank Sinatra, but I don't know what he looks like, so that's why.
1960's 11 :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes, Danny Ocean is Played by Sinatra in the original. I liked both, but give the nod to the original since the Rat Pack is in it (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr).

OP
Z

zeppster

I liked the remake bacause I think Sinatra is a crappy actor. I don't think there was anytime in his life that he wasn't smiling. Don't get me wrong though, I love Frank Sinatra.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
zeppster said:
I liked the remake bacause I think Sinatra is a crappy actor. I don't think there was anytime in his life that he wasn't smiling. Don't get me wrong though, I love Frank Sinatra.
same comment, except frank sinatra is ok, I like some of his music, but most of it is too slow for my taste, and so many of his songs sound the same, .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.