Are there websites that just arn't Mac compatable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
I'm a PC guy who picked up an older Mac to try something different. I ended up setting it up for my 5 year old to use to play some of the Sesame Street and other kids themed websites and games that he likes. Everything works great with one irritating exception. www.playhousedisney.com (The one my son likes the most) will not work on this Mac. Other flash based websites work and I can't get it to break anywhere else. I upgraded everything that could be upgraded on it and the site still fails. I've tried both Safari and Firefox and both crash on that site and that site only.

The site runs great on my PCs. I'd hate to have to swap out his Mac for a PC just because of one website. Since this is my only Mac so far, could someone else see if this site works on their Mac? Preferably if I could get feedback from both Intel and PowerPC Mac users to see if there is something going on there or not. If it works for everyone else, I have no idea what it could be.

Thanks,

MikeM

Reaction score
i have the same problem at my job i can get on every website when im on there router except for the main website i need to be on at work so i cant even use my mbp at work becuase of this but when i bring it home and im connected to my router it works no problem it baffles me even the it guy at work didnt know what was going on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Have you tried using Camino or Firefox as an alternative to Safari for this? Might work on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 GHz intel c2d, 2gb ram, xp and os x.6
MikeM, have you tried using Camino as a web browser? I don't know if it'll work, but it's more lightweight then Safari and Firefox, and a bit faster too. I use it on my MacBook when I'm running off the battery, because its just that much more efficient.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are some sites that are only compatible with IE. Typically these are private business sites that require a log in to access the sites features.

Have no problem on my Intel Mac with the above site, though it is pretty slow to load on my wireless connection.

You might also try Opera, although my guess, it is not a browser issue.

Anyone else with another idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Well I found this hard to believe but... it crashed all three of my browsers. Camino,Firefox, and safari. Safari was able to load the home page where others weren't however as soon as I clicked on something (eeyore the manic depressive) it crashed the browser. So I seem to be having a similar issue. My connection is 768K DSL so not too slow. Now this is bothering me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Is everyone sure that they have the latest version of Flash Player (9,0,47)

Reaction score
in my case i cant get on the website while im using the mac or while using windows xp with bootcamp using internet explorer. it is the strangest thing becuase when i get off there router and use my treo as a modem i can access the website no problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Works fine for me. Seems like its a PowerPC problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
yes, using an intel mac and the safari 3 beta the page you linked worked fine for me... In fact, I have yet to find a website that doesn't work for my mac, barring the online registration site for my university.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Works great for me also. I am using latest Safari (non beta) and latest Flash player. No problems here.

OP
MikeM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
Well, I made sure I had the latest flash player and also tried Camino but no luck. From the looks of things, this could be PowerPC related since it sounds like another G4 owner has the exact same results that I do. Don't know how I'm going to get around this one.

Thanks for checking everyone!

MikeM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Well, I made sure I had the latest flash player and also tried Camino but no luck. From the looks of things, this could be PowerPC related since it sounds like another G4 owner has the exact same results that I do. Don't know how I'm going to get around this one.

Thanks for checking everyone!

MikeM

It's working great here in Safari 2 in 10.4.10 on a G5 iMac 2.1Ghz.

Going to fire up my G4 Digital Audio. Will get back to you in a few.

Update, G4 1.8Ghz Digital Audio crashed Safari, Camini, Firefox and Opera on that site especially when going to the eeyore make a song part.

Intel Mac Mini 1.66 Intel is fine with all browsers.

More interesting is Mac Mini G4 1.5Ghz is fine there also.

iBook G4 1.33Ghz works great.

My Sawtooth G4 which is similar but slower than the Digital Audio also crashed Safari.

That is my Report.

So to sum it up, All systems have 10.4.10 and are stock out of the OSX install.

The Intel Mini, G5 iMac 2.1Ghz, G4 1.5Ghz Mac Mini & iBook G4 work there 100%.

The G4 Digital Audio and Sawtooth crash Safari. Another thing to point out about the Powermac G4's is both are Modded Macs with aftermarket Video and CPU.

Reaction score
Runs perfectly on my powerPC G4.

Firefox 2.0.0.5 and OSX 10.4.10.

Im really wondering what it could be!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Waiting For New MacBook Pro To Come Out Hopefully With Blu Ray Drive
maybe hes got his cookies turned off ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Worked for me on Safari 2.0.4 and Camino on my Aluminum iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
My cookies are enabled. I dont have safari 3 yet though. This is the first page I have ever had crash my mac's browser. crazy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Worked fine on my MacBook in Firefox and in Safari... until I tried to click About Safari to see what version I had, and accidentally clicked Report Bugs to Apple, and then it froze lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
works fine on my safari

macbook pro user here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.