Imac Awe

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just wanted to formally post that I'm a proud owner of a new 24" Imac. Wow.. having my old pc and the new mac on the same desk yesterday...what a difference! This new Imac is QUIET! Hadn't really noticed how loud my pc was until I turned it off...LOL. Anyways, I've posted a few times and got some very helpful replies. I just wanted to introduce myself and thanks everyone for this great website. Extremely informative...I lurked for several months before finally buying, but it made things that much easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - 24" - 2.8ghz - 2 Gig Ram - 500 Gig HD
Welcome! Glad you like your Mac. I like mine too :D Love your avatar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome to the wonderful world of Macs riguy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Welcome, riguy. I recently just got a 24" iMac too, and I am loving it so far. You found a great forum too! Everyone here has been really helpful in making the transition from PC to Mac.

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Mac 1 - Windows 0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
Mac =
tgv-2.jpg

Windows =
300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome to you riguy!

So the pleasure goes on...you're the same as most of us when we switch. Just can't get enough of a good thing.

Nice having you here. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Welcome riguy

I found and am finding the same thing... I have my PC (and the powersupply was just fixed too lol) and my mac mini on the same desk for the time being and the first time I had to check if the mac was on it was so quiet! With the PC I had to turn the tv or music up cause it got so loud and I could still tell it was on, it was almost as bad as my a/c.. And have you noticed when hooking up to the net? No hoops to jump thru (actually it's that way for 99% of things where as PC is the opposite and 100%).
Hello everyone. I just wanted to formally post that I'm a proud owner of a new 24" Imac. Wow.. having my old pc and the new mac on the same desk yesterday...what a difference! This new Imac is QUIET! Hadn't really noticed how loud my pc was until I turned it off...LOL. Anyways, I've posted a few times and got some very helpful replies. I just wanted to introduce myself and thanks everyone for this great website. Extremely informative...I lurked for several months before finally buying, but it made things that much easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.