VMWare Fusion + Ubuntu HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Hi,

I really want to have Linux and Windows on my Mac, then I have the power of 3.

I bought VMware Fusion, I didn't like Parallels. I have got Windows XP running fine, the installation of the VMware tools could not of been easier.

Linux is too tricky, how do I install VMware Tools on Ubuntu? I have followed all these tutorials and I still get stuck.

I will be extremely grateful for anyone to help me.

Thank you.

Nick.

Reaction score
I don't think VMWare fusion has full support on Ubuntu. I tried it, but then couldn't get it to work right within 10 minutes, so I gave up and deleted the VM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
For installing the vmware tools on linux, start the linux VM. Once the OS has completely booted, click on settings> Install VMWare tools. This will download the vmware tools installer to linux VM. You need to wait for sometime for it to download depending on the net speed. Sometimes you might need to cancel it and start it again. Extract the package which will create a folder named vmware-tools-distrib. NAvigate to that folder using terminal and execute command "./vmware-install.pl". That will prompt you for some inputs. Just go on hitting enter and you're done.

Personally i dont find much use in installing vmware tools on linux except for resultion which is sometimes pain to set.

Hope this helps

OP
MBNick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Smartymac,

Your post like most Linux users is arrogant, you haven't told a MAC user how to do it. You expect know that I will find out, or already know.

I hate this with Linux users, I dont know how to do these wonderful things but I at least want a little support.

Please repost with some instructions, English.

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Smartymac,

Your post like most Linux users is arrogant, you haven't told a MAC user how to do it. You expect know that I will find out, or already know.

I hate this with Linux users, I dont know how to do these wonderful things but I at least want a little support.

Nick

Well sad to hear that you found it ARROGANT.... it was an extract of the instruction sheet from vmware itself..... pls help yourself with GOOGLE

Reaction score
Internet Sharing

In your Mac system preferences, go to sharing and turn on Internet Sharing. Select "Ethernet." Go to Ubuntu and select wired network. VMWare tricks Ubuntu into believing there's an ethernet connection and you then have internet access without having to use the terminal for anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Smartymac,

Nick

Amazing, talk about a completely smug remark. If you did not understand that instead of being confrontational why not simply ask for clarification? By the way, that was in English.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.