Bought too early?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I ordered my new macbook today :) and it'll come with Leopard, (hopefully very soon)
When I ordered it though (I gave them the deposit already) I thought, what if apple will update the Macbook hardware soon?!
Then I would be VERY VERY. I checked out mactactic.com and they say that it is very likely to be updated soon.
So now I fear I've made the wrong decision.
What do you guys think?

I've heard that the newest 4Gb Ram Laptops just came out (a friend told me, I haven't checked that though, I am not very up-to-date with new hardware releases and such) so I am fearing I made the wrong decision.
Which I actually can't make undone cause I've already payed the deposit. :(

What do you guys think?
Greetings
Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
if they update the hardware soon, than it will most likely be a small update that is not that important. The macbook you ordered will be sufficient for years to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
Just ordered my Mac 24 inch w/4 GB and 1 TB. The only problem I have is understanding WHY a classy machine like this would not have an easy way to copy photos to dvd and music to cds. Why you have to buy Roxio Toast!!!
Anybody???

Thanks
Penny

OP
F
Reaction score
That is very good to hear ;) makes me smile.
But still... What are your experiences concerning hardware?

Compared to other laptops the Macbook seems a little on the "low-end".
Becaue I used linux for such a long time and I've seen Vista on other machines too, I've noticed it's not only a matter of HARDWARE but also a matter of SOFTWARE (e.g. the OS) cause Vista for example almost uses 1GB Ram for just RUNNING! that is insane.

But even though, compared to other laptops the Macbook seems a little "poor" what are your experiences?

And another question: Let's say another mature hardware update will come out in like 2 weeks (as predicted by mactactic) could I just give my new macbook back, get my money back and buy a newer one? :)
Isn't there a 2 week period where you are able to do that? (at least in Austria I guess it is so)

Greetings Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Just ordered my Mac 24 inch w/4 GB and 1 TB. The only problem I have is understanding WHY a classy machine like this would not have an easy way to copy photos to dvd and music to cds. Why you have to buy Roxio Toast!!!
Anybody???

Thanks
Penny

iPhoto>[select photos]>Share>Send to iDVD

iTunes>[drag songs to Playlists heading; creates new playlist]>[click burn]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
ummm,

u can copy photos in iphoto and cds in itunes

WHY a classy machine like this would not have an easy way to copy photos to dvd and music to cds. Why you have to buy Roxio Toast!!!
Anybody???

Thanks
Penny

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
any replies for me? :D

Keep your laptop, no one knows when new stuff is coming out. There's going to be a rumor every single day for every single model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Penny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
HELP!

Okay I know this if off-topic again!! But I have dvds of photos I want to put in iPhoto when I get it. Also cds to put in iTunes. Do I just put the discs in and wait for instructions? I know it's a dumb question BUT I'm 59 and I know nothing about MACS except that they are BETTER than HP PC's!! One more questions when I went to this little MAC store to order my iMAC I saw a widget with the time, local weather and search engine, is that built in? Again, sorry to sound so stupid here. But I am buying the MAC because of listening here to all your great tips!! Thanks again. Good Morning to you all.

Penny

OP
F
Reaction score
@Penny
Can you please post your own topic?
Your request really doesn't have to do ANYTHING with my question.
Please don't just take any topic and post in it, just because it's the first topic you see.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
That is very good to hear ;) makes me smile.
But still... What are your experiences concerning hardware?

Compared to other laptops the Macbook seems a little on the "low-end".
Becaue I used linux for such a long time and I've seen Vista on other machines too, I've noticed it's not only a matter of HARDWARE but also a matter of SOFTWARE (e.g. the OS) cause Vista for example almost uses 1GB Ram for just RUNNING! that is insane.

But even though, compared to other laptops the Macbook seems a little "poor" what are your experiences?

And another question: Let's say another mature hardware update will come out in like 2 weeks (as predicted by mactactic) could I just give my new macbook back, get my money back and buy a newer one? :)
Isn't there a 2 week period where you are able to do that? (at least in Austria I guess it is so)

Greetings Flo

It may not be the answer you want but why not call the company you are purchasing your machine from and ask them what their policy is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
HELP!

Okay I know this if off-topic again!! But I have dvds of photos I want to put in iPhoto when I get it. Also cds to put in iTunes. Do I just put the discs in and wait for instructions? I know it's a dumb question BUT I'm 59 and I know nothing about MACS except that they are BETTER than HP PC's!! One more questions when I went to this little MAC store to order my iMAC I saw a widget with the time, local weather and search engine, is that built in? Again, sorry to sound so stupid here. But I am buying the MAC because of listening here to all your great tips!! Thanks again. Good Morning to you all.

Penny

I am not sure about the dvd of photos, however when you put in an audio cd iTunes will open up and the playlist on the cd will appear. The weather widget is built in you will have to simply choose your location.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.
Some here seam to say that it is "save" to buy my macbook now. So I guess I will ;)
It just makes me wonder, cause mactacic.com is saying that a hardware upgrade will come soon and others say "no it won't come".
So, whom can I trust now? :D Why is mactactic.com so sure about their predictions?

Can you understand my concerns? I mean, I just don't want to spend a whole load of money and then realize that I could have way better hardware for the same money, only if I had waited 2 more weeks.

Now I may sound a little like a worried 6 year old, but I hope you understand my concerns ;)
Any comments?

Flo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.