Upgrading Mac Mini's Ram - Unsure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Hey everyone, I've got 1GB in the newly updated Mac Mini, bought in August just after the refresh. 1GB ram is fine most of the time running tiger, but for Leopards release this Friday I'm gonna upgrade the RAM from 1GB to 2GB.

I called my local Apple store in Glasgow, Scotland and they said they can do it for £65 and i must give them the RAM and not have my Mac back for a day or 2.

So i have decided against this route and I am going to upgrade the RAM myself as that £65 can go toward Leopard ;D

Is this a hard process with the mac mini.....and are there any seals that will void my warranty??

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Reaction score
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/Mac-Mini/82

This guide is for G4 Mac Mini's but it will apply to the Intel version. There are tabs all around the exterior shell that I would be careful about. About voiding your warranty: If you break something yeah, if not, you're good to go.

Good Luck.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Thats the best one I've seen so far. Thanks dtravis7. On my days off I'v going to do the upgrade too to 2gb from 1. Gotta prep for Leopard!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.