• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Powermac g5 Preformance

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

liz10surfing

Just for you mac fans out their I would just like to say Wow this is apples biggest improvemnet ever So happy I bought it. But sadly after reading Macworld And telling me how a Single Amd athlon beats a powermac g5 in everypossible test besides 1 photoshop test I felt like Mac stink but then I bought an Amd for myselft And boy it was way faster boot up time was like less than 5 secs man it was fast. In just about every way it was faster than my g5 Apple has fallen agian Amd fastest cpu Athlon 3800+ and Amd Fx will beat the day lights out any Powermac g5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
ever heard of punctuation?

OP
L

liz10surfing

ApplejustWorks said:
ever heard of punctuation?
ohh yea sorry but let me guess u have no comments casue you know its true

OP
D

d4rr3n

Yes the 3800+ will beat the g5 in just about everything (not by much though, certainly not a noticeable amount)....but who cares? What's your point? I dont even own a mac and i am amazed/insulted at the stupidity you have shown in your first 5 posts here.....i hope you get banned.

OP
L

liz10surfing

d4rr3n said:
Yes the 3800+ will beat the g5 in just about everything (not by much though, certainly not a noticeable amount)....but who cares? What's your point? I dont even own a mac and i am amazed/insulted at the stupidity you have shown in your first 5 posts here.....i hope you get banned.

Hope I get banned for what saying the truth hey I own macs too i love them But i hate when people make lies and say how mac are faster than Pc not true just about every MacWorld edition says MAc are still not equavlient to A pc they still have to perfect the chips. The truth of this is that apple will always be playing the catch up game

OP
D

d4rr3n

I hope you get banned for being an illiterate moron who makes pc users look bad. You represent the very worst of fanboyism. You come to a mac forums to post 5 straight topics about how macs suck and cant compete with amd....real smart. The real "truth" is that the latest g5's are probably less than 5% behind the latest pc equivalents in the majority of benchmarks. They get beat by single cpu amd's and p4's in single cpu apps by a small amount and tie or barely beat them when you use programs that actually take advantage of a dual processor setup. In those programs however the g5 gets beaten by dual opterons by a small amount. Again, these are minor differences and not something you would be able to notice....you would only see it in benchmarks. The apple hardware is not the main draw however, it's the OS. The people here prefer using OS X to windows because of their past bad experiences with windows not because they thought the g5 could beat the pc equivalents in some random benchmarks. But, anyways if got something intelligent to add go ahead.....but if you keep posting these idiotic flamebait threads you'll probably get banned.

OP
L

liz10surfing

d4rr3n said:
I hope you get banned for being an illiterate moron who makes pc users look bad. You represent the very worst of fanboyism. You come to a mac forums to post 5 straight topics about how macs suck and cant compete with amd....real smart. The real "truth" is that the latest g5's are probably less than 5% behind the latest pc equivalents in the majority of benchmarks. They get beat by single cpu amd's and p4's in single cpu apps by a small amount and tie or barely beat them when you use programs that actually take advantage of a dual processor setup. In those programs however the g5 gets beaten by dual opterons by a small amount. Again, these are minor differences and not something you would be able to notice....you would only see it in benchmarks. The apple hardware is not the main draw however, it's the OS. The people here prefer using OS X to windows because of their past bad experiences with windows not because they thought the g5 could beat the pc equivalents in some random benchmarks. But, anyways if got something intelligent to add go ahead.....but if you keep posting these idiotic flamebait threads you'll probably get banned.

HAHA U MAKE ME LAUGH UMM.............. Thats not what PC world Said In gaming mac get totatly beaten And Ohh if forgot After Affects they said if it would take 2 hours on a mac to do rendering it would proably take 1hour and 10minutes on a PC SOrry I love MAc I really Do And I love Pc But When It comes to Preformance Pc are Ahead by a FAR Margin And go to pcworld.com or macworld.com and you will find out for your self. Stop hatin I dont want to cause a war I just want to say the truth. I respect you but your wrong and if you do reasearch youll see that the top of the line Amd really outpreforms the top of the line G5 at least 25-35 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.