• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Something funny that just happened to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Perfect example of a stupid criminal:

Anyone who works at a cell phone dealer will tell you that stupid people like to steal dummy phones because they think they're real cell phones. Well, about 5 minutes ago I had a customer come in with a Motorola KRZR and say, "I need a charger for this phone." I looked at it, and I noticed that there were no inputs and phone's display was just a fake screen with a sticker beneath it, so I said, "This is a fake phone, nobody sells these, where did you get it?" So he got all nervous and left. It looked like one of our old KRZR dummies that was stolen, so it is pretty likely that it was ours. I just love it when stupid criminals are made aware of their stupidity.

Now that I think of it, I should have played along and sold him the charger for it and made him pay for his stupidity as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The scary part is that the person who came in may not be the original criminal. What if the original criminal sold the phone on eBay, or some other way? It is just as well that you did not play along. You might have been expanding the crime.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
The scary part is that the person who came in may not be the original criminal. What if the original criminal sold the phone on eBay, or some other way? It is just as well that you did not play along. You might have been expanding the crime.

Yeah, that may have been the case as well. Little do these people know that if they just wait until the phone is discontinued, I'll give them the dummy for free. I've given out a lot of dummy phones to parents who are tired of their young kids bothering them about cell phones.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
that's pretty crazy - guess it takes all kinds

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Pretty funny story. :)

You can find a lot of dummy phones on eBay too.

Reaction score
You should have sold him some real expensive accessories for his "phone"!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Wow, some people are duds... incredible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.