How do you cope...?

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Personally, since I've bought my MBP, I've fallen in love. And I despise working with PCs (as I am now)! Everything about them just bugs me now. I do things at work and think to myself "if this were a Mac, I wouldn't have this trouble".

Anyway.

How do you cope with the "must..buy..more..." syndrome? At the moment I'm struggling to fight the urge to run off to the Apple Store and buy an iMac to replace my (2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 512MB Radeon 1900XT) desktop PC, too.

I also want an InCase for my MBP.

And Leopard, of course.

And goodness knows what else.

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - 24" - 2.8ghz - 2 Gig Ram - 500 Gig HD
Don't fight the urge. Just go buy it and be happy :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Exactly, once you have the urge, there is no way to get rid of it, unless you go buy one.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Extreme self control - sometimes it works, and sometimes, well..... 3 mac's and an ipod later, since last Dec., and still haven't replaced any of my desktop's or bought an itouch - so have managed some self control....

M

MacHeadCase

You try as best you can in finding faults in His Steveness's marketing strategies... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
I just bought a touch. So far that was the only thing I did'nt have self control over. Well and I HAD to have a faster macbook.

...oh and I'll probably eat the restocking fee and take my 4 day old MB back to the store and get a new MB if they come out with a new aluminum one on the 26th.

T

OP
S
Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Well replacing my desktop would take quite a lot of effort really in terms of backing up files and all that.. maybe if I gradually start the process... wink wink ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I wandered into the Apple store & took my 1st look at the new imac.....I resisted the urge to buy....I left & got a bus home.....I got home & sat down......10 mins later I phoned a taxi to the apple store.....now I'm writing this on my beautiful new shiny imac....ok I haven't eaten in 2 weeks on account of the fact i'm now broke but I don't regret my shameful willpower :)

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I was at a friends out last night and he dropped his internet connection on his Windows laptop.

50 warning pop ups, bells, and cuss words later, I was almost in tears laughing and I don't think he's any longer my friend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Personally, since I've bought my MBP, I've fallen in love. And I despise working with PCs (as I am now)! Everything about them just bugs me now. I do things at work and think to myself "if this were a Mac, I wouldn't have this trouble".
Same here... When some one mentions a problem with PC or XP I have an internal fight going on: Do I laugh? Do I cringe? Do I just tell them "THE" fix, the one MS is the best advertisement for: Switch to Mac, Linux or something else hehe

How do you cope with the "must..buy..more..." syndrome? At the moment I'm struggling to fight the urge to run off to the Apple Store and buy an iMac to replace my (2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 512MB Radeon 1900XT) desktop PC, too.
I realize quickly that taking from Peter to pay Paul is just wrong.. or in this case taking from Mac to pay PC.. Oh wait that makes it worth it lol I mean I look at my finances and know that neither will work... hehe

Sorry the rest of your questions I can't answer... I'm still really happy with Tiger! (that could be your answer right there. How much do you like what you got? Besides that I'm a woman so I've avoided the Tim Taylor approach (More power grunt grunt) heehee O:) ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I fight the "must buy more" syndrom with a lack of money! If I had money, I couldn't resist. But because I don't, I can. It comes in handy sometimes I guess... it means I can't make hasty decisions and have time to do research and find out if there might be a new model soon or something =P Only good thing about not having money...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The only reason I haven't replaced my Windows desktop is because I would have to get a Mac Pro in order to do all the things that I currently use my desktop for. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash for that sort of investment (well, I DO, but I have enough willpower not to drop 3 grand on an extravagence).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Apple has one amazingly attractive marketing scheme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
You could try the brute force method. Go and buy an 8 core Mac pro and upgrade it beyond Apples spec using 4Gb simms all the way to 32Gb. Stuff a raid card in it and buy 1Tb drives plus upgrade the graphics.

Then you wont have to worry about temptation until they bring out the next model. Oh and at least a couple of Dell 3007 or Apple 30" monitors too!

Reaction score
alright for you millionaires im on a £20 a month pocket money, "yay"

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The only reason I haven't replaced my Windows desktop is because I would have to get a Mac Pro in order to do all the things that I currently use my desktop for. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash for that sort of investment (well, I DO, but I have enough willpower not to drop 3 grand on an extravagence).

I'm with ya on that one Kash...

but if the current rumor mill is correct, it may be tuff come early next year with a new chipset and two 4core processors, and up to 45% faster than the current MacPro, hope I get a big, big bonus by then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mommy's boy iMac 20"
It's a hard one to answer. I guess I just tart thinking about other things we actually need to buy.
and the best one for me is this: if whatever I have still works (like my iPod mini), then i'll just wait till it's gone, and will have the latest, coolest iPod, and for cheaper that it is now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
but if the current rumor mill is correct, it may be tuff come early next year with a new chipset and two 4core processors, and up to 45% faster than the current MacPro, hope I get a big, big bonus by then

Fortunately for me (well, sort of but not really) I'll be going into $80,000 to $100,000 worth of debt come next Fall (law school), so I've got a bit of an incentive not to splurge ;P

Reaction score
This doesn't get easier even when you are older and supposedly more financially disciplined. (I'm 52)

Since I bought my iMac this past September I bought a LaCie 500GB drive, which I am now selling as there was a sale on a LaCie 1TB Extreme. I also bought a new iPod Nano, even though I have one and only have 75 songs in my iTunes. I also pre-ordered Leopard and even paid for faster shipping which is crazy cuz standard shipping is Priority Overnight. I'd buy the iPhone right this minute if it was available in Canada. I bought 2 Apple shirts on eBay at crazy shipping prices.

One thing I try not to do is buy any Microsoft stuff for my Mac, been there, done that.

Ah, its fun, and if those in my will get upset at the miniscule amounts left, well, I wont be around to worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.