Reaction score
Hello,

I have a black macbook

Intel core 2 duo 2.16 GHz
1.5 GB RAM
intel GMA 959 64 MB
Tiger 10.4.10

Question 1:

Can i play cod 2? I am happy playing with all grafics low.

p.s Dont tell me to get a PC.. I knew that i wasnt going to be able to play many big games on the mac. And i dont pay games that much.

Question 2:

Sometimes when a program freezes and i cant force quit or anything and i cant Shut Down because the mac couldnt quit the application, i just hold the powerbutton to turn off.

When i turn it on again it is often very slow staring up, mostly a minuet.

Do you know what is wrong?

Question 3:

I connect the internet (safari) very well and fast at home. I dont have to put any proxies.

In my school i have to talk to the computer guy and register my Airport IP.. no problem he puts me

into the network, but i have to put some proxies.

proxy.msund.is port: 8080

He telles me that he

doent know the mac so well and he doesnt know where i shall put my proxies.

He advised me to put

the proxy setting in :

FTP Proxy

and

Web Proxy (HTTP)

( System preferences > network > airpot >

proxies )

But i cant connect the internet. I can only connect on one place, and im in no classes there.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

• Thank you so much

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
question 1, yes but it won't be pretty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD
Question 2:

This happens to me sometimes too, but usually I'm able to force quit. Next time a program freezes try to click on the desktop so that your in the finder. Then try to force quit.
That usually works for me and you dont have to force shutdown.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Answer 1. Yes

Answer 2. It takes longer because OS X is running a disk check to ensure there are no problems from the forced shutdown.
Why does the application freeze? We would need more information to ascertain that.

Answer 3. Your school's IT department should be the best source of answers on that one, but it sure sounds like they are clueless. You probably don't need any proxies, but I could be wrong. Why doesn't it work?... again, we really don't have enough to go on here. I would suggest going a level higher than whoever it was you spoke with last. He probably had you enter things in the wrong place or gave you the wrong information to enter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.