MSN @ uni - Works on windows laptop but not my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
At the moment i am connected to my universities network. My friend is also connected next to me and he is using MSN on his windows laptop and its working fine.

When i try to log on to msn with adium, it wont let me and i have just tried aMSN also and this does not work and i get a connection error saying connection refused.

I dont understand why hi's msn is working but my msn on my macbook is not.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'm in the exact same boat; I couldn't even connect to the network until I booted into Windows and IE sent me to the registration page (where ironically [and thankfully] they have a setup guide for OS X). I had to install Windows on a flatmate's MacBook just so he could get it on the network (we uninstalled it after the MAC address registration ofcourse)... not a very good experience for his first Mac.

I can only run Software Update at about 0400 and even then it's hit-and-miss (I made a post recently about how iTunes wouldn't download the new iPod firmware); the network just isn't very OS X friendly, but there's not a lot I can do about that other than spend as much time at the pub with free Wi-Fi access as possible :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Everything else on the network works fine and i can use the internet etc.. its just msn that dosent seem to work. i will have to try it in bootcamp or parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2GB Ram 160GB hdd Anti-glare / hi-res screen 7200RPM hdd
Go to meebo.com and login there. I'm sure you'll find that it works a lot better!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.