Another rookie question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Maybe two, but they are related. On windows, I was used to being able to resize windows. It does not seem that there is that option in the Mac OS.
When I first installed Firefox, the browser opened but only filled most not all of the 20" display. It left probably about 2 inches of the right side of the screen showing desktop. Without changing anything (that I know of), it now fills the screen. The text, however is a bit fuzzy. I did find the display video preference settings, and played with those. Still left a full screen and not clear text. By the way on the other user accounts it still opens not full screen.
My main questions are what is the best resolution to set as default for display, and is there a way with any programs to change the size of display they cover?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I don't know much about your display settings but to resize your browser window or most any window.... click and drag the lower right corner of the window and basically "stretch" to any size you want..

When you close the window ("x" out) it should reopen at the same size you closed it at

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
This is one of the things that took a little getting used to for me. The + button isn't a maximise button like in windows. It's meant to make the window as large as needed to eliminate the scroll bars. Dosen't always work the best for me but I've come to understand the reason. Even though it's called "windows", I think we just got used to having our focus on one window at a time. Mac OS developers I think try and keep the "Windows" Concept alive with not giving us a way to fill the screen with just one app at a time.

Just One Man's Opinion.:D

MikeM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Maybe two, but they are related. On windows, I was used to being able to resize windows. It does not seem that there is that option in the Mac OS.
When I first installed Firefox, the browser opened but only filled most not all of the 20" display. It left probably about 2 inches of the right side of the screen showing desktop. Without changing anything (that I know of), it now fills the screen. The text, however is a bit fuzzy. I did find the display video preference settings, and played with those. Still left a full screen and not clear text. By the way on the other user accounts it still opens not full screen.
My main questions are what is the best resolution to set as default for display, and is there a way with any programs to change the size of display they cover?

Had the same problem myself...First if your dock is set to not hide than the browser does not seem to go all the way down, so I hide my dock, but I use the large dock config so that I can acess it easily...second go to the right lower corner of the browser window where you see the lines and drag it to fit your screen....It will cover your entire screen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD

Go into system preferences and choose display. You'll be able to set the resolution there. Go with the highest resolution you can comfortably use.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
thanks for all the feedback. I knew there had to be a way to change the window size. It was staring me in the face all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2GB Ram 160GB hdd Anti-glare / hi-res screen 7200RPM hdd
Am I the only person that prefers to not have my Web browser full-size? I love having Firefox at 1024x768 then having several iChat windows open next to it. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.