white vs white

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.2ghz 4gb ram white
Hi, i'm about to buy a mac for the first time, just wondering whether there is a great deal of difference - performance wise, between the two white macbook versions available from the apple website, the 2.0ghz and 2.1ghz processors dont sound much different at all on paper, just wondering if anyone had any opinion on any possible performance differences between the two, thanks

Reaction score
With the 2.16GHz MacBook you get 40GB extra in the HD and a Double-Layer Super Drive. The 2.0GHz has a Combo Drive but I'm not sure what the difference is ...

Re: the added .16GHz I don't think there's anything in that AFAIK and the average user really wouldn't notice the diff ...

So you pay an extra $200 for these additions and if you can afford it I would go the 2.16GHz ...

<EDIT>

The combo-drive will read DVDs and write CDs, while the SuperDrive will read and write CDs and DVDs.

Do you require good Graphics? I ask that cos the MacBook Pro has the better Graphics ..

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
really? the combo drive doesnt write dvds?

i think i'll be getting the 2.16 model if thats the case!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for sure!, thats quite strange, in this day and age, that you can still buy a laptop for $1099/£699 without a dvd burner! :-o i'm shocked!

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea about the lack of a DVD burner, I guess I'll have to be transferring files across my network to another computer then, kinda ridiculous for such a quality computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.