Ieatbrainz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Hi

I downloaded Ieatbrainz, but I can't get it to work... So far all I can get it to do is bounce in the dock... hehe (It's much more amusing then what a PC would do!) I've tried redownloading, reinstalling but I'm not sure what I'm doing/not doing... Any help?

Reaction score
Had you dragged the app from the mounted volume (contained within the .dmg), to your Apps folder ...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes. It just bounces in the dock. The icon stays there but nothing happens after that.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spawn__Dooley;507169 said:
Tried launching it from the Applications Folder?
yes but to make sure, I followed this post:
To install most any app on your Mac

What you will download from the internet for most Mac apps will be a .dmg file.

When you open the .dmg, you will see two things - a new icon on the desktop that looks like a hard drive and a window with the application in it.
Some apps, like firefox will have an icon for itself and an icon for the Applications folder within that window. Just drag the firefox icon onto the applications folder within that window and it will then install.

Many apps will not have the Applications folder within that window. For those, you will need to open Finder and move it so that you can see both windows. Then drag the icon for the app from it's window and drop it onto the Applications folder in the finder window. It will then install.

Once you have done this - close the window(s) - right click (or ctrl-click) on the icon that looks like a hard drive and select 'eject XYZ app'.

The app is now in your Applications folder, with access by opening finder and navigating to the Applications folder. This is the one you will want to drag n drop to the dock if you wish.

You can also place an icon for your Applications folder on the dock by drag n drop onto the right hand side of the dock. This will give you right click access to a menu of your applications without the need for opening the finder.

Once you have installed the app - you can delete the .dmg or move it to an appropriate folder to keep you desktop clean.

Was just at the kids house yesterday, he got his Mac almost a year ago and found out he didn't know how to install apps either. If you have done as he did, drag n drop the .dmg to the applications folder - you can delete that.

For those that have the habit of downloading a lot of junk, you may wish to: In my home folder, I have created a folder called Desktop Stuff and another called Screeshots. Have changed my default downloads to be saved to Desktop stuff and naturally screenshots to the screenshots folder. Easy way to keep track of all the junk and maintain an uncluttered desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
I'm not sure the application works on the intel platform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
Hi,

Just orderd my new 24 in MAC w/Leopard. Very excited. Played with the 20 in and the experince was awsome. I have a lot to learn but you guys are terrific!

Thanks
Penny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
what exactly is ieatbrainz?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
what exactly is ieatbrainz?

This program takes songs that you've chosen in your iTunes Library, that have incorrect or missing information for Title, Artist or Album , and then uses the sound of each song to match it with the correct information maintained in the MusicBrainz Database (musicbrainz.org). This processing typically takes several seconds per song, and then it allows you to verify before updating your iTunes Library.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14605

14605_sm.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
I just downloaded it and it worked for me...

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I'm not sure the application works on the intel platform.

Seems alright - I just downloaded to my Mac pro, working OK.

Strange one huh? Sorry can't help, but thanks for the link, just what I needed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Do you have a powerpc mini or intel mini?

T

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And you all have intel or duo cores?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And you all have intel or duo cores?

Intel is the company that makes the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo chips. Yes, I have an Intel-powered Core Duo MacBook Pro and it works fine. In fact, I have to give you a thumbs up, because this program is awesome! It cleaned up my iTunes library very well.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounded great... I'll get it working... I hope it's not just a prob with the cores in the minis :Oops: but that doesn't sound right even to me... Oh well...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for some reason I still can't get this to work but it could be some setting I have so I'm checking some things... I also found BeaTunes http://www.beatunes.com/beatunes-download.html so if it doesn't work then I'll try that... It sounds like it does similar

Thanks all for trying to help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.