New MB won't play DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I just bought my new MB today and wanted to try out Front Row. So I brought it up and put my DVD in (the movie Disturbia) and it said reading disc, then said that the dvd code/format was not recognized, or something like that. I tried it with another DVD and got the same response. Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Did it ask you to choose a region code? Did you select the correct one? I just put a dvd in (The Reaping) and it prompted me for the region code. North America is 1 so I chose that and the dvd is playing...

T

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just went back to Front Row and put the dvd back in, It says The region code does not match the dvd player...and I don't know how to change the settings so it will play. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
does the dvd mount to the desktop when you insert it? Try opening it up with the apple dvd player program and see if it asks you a question about the region.

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! I did that and it works now. =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have also had a problem playing DVDs on my MBP using Front Row. Sometimes, at certain parts, the whole thing freezes and the so does my computer. It won't even eject. What could be wrong?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.