mail

Reaction score
i noticed that in macs mail app i can set it up for both of my emails (yes i have 2:) odd) well then i try to set it up for my hotmail but it ask for what server the receiving mail comes from
how do i find out?

and about my @mail :
it asks me for my password and i give it to it but it doesn't accept it...
(I'm sure it's the right pass)
so i was wondering since my .mac has expired does the mail stop working?
because that would really suck

Reaction score
Hotmail does not natively work with desktop email programs. If you want a webmail that does, use GMail.

That being said, you can try the httpmail plugin - I use it, and it works perfectly for me. I have full access to my Hotmail through Mail.

Reaction score
Don't forget that the httpmail plugin only works with older Hotmail accounts otherwise you need to upgrade to Hotmail Plus or whatever it calls itself ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Yahoo works great with apple mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
setting up mail

I got a new mac a couple weeks ago. I can't figure how to configure the e-mail. Is a mac account free or do you have to pay that $99 fee?
I noticed one poster said that yahoo mail works with the mail app, will Gmail?

I mostly use Gmail, I was trying to attach a document and a photo, with Gmail through my firefox browser. Could not get the attachment to work.

I guess there are a few ??? there.:D Two big things how can I configure gmail with the internal app, and how do I attach a file to an outgoing yahoo or gmail.

Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
like I said above, GMail works with the Mail app. There are instructions on GMail's help site on how to set it up.

OP
P
Reaction score
and how about the other question
can i still use my mac mail after my .mac has expired?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.