Leopard Install 2 related questions

Reaction score
Hi,

My iMAC is very new, so I am debating between Archive and Install or Erase and Install. I have a FireWire Drive and use SuperDuper to back up.

If I do Erase and Install, do I use Migration Assistant to get my apps and files off my HD to the Desktop, or just drag them to their proper spot in my Home Drive? I assume that for applications, its probably best to re-install them.

As for Archive and Install. Once the dust has settled, can I just delete the Previous System?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
how new is very new. if is within a week old i would just erase and install. just wait to put everything back on when you done installing.

OP
N
Reaction score
6 weeks. Not that I have created that much since then, most of the data I have is what I transferred from Windoze. I did install iWork, SuperDuper, Onyx all which I can re-install.

Thanks

how new is very new. if is within a week old i would just erase and install. just wait to put everything back on when you done installing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Unless you're experiencing problems with your existing install, I'd suggest a simple upgrade. No erasing, no archiving.

Why work harder than you have to?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.