• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone toxins

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Ghz 12 core Mac Pro (5.1 flash) High sierra
goodness gracious....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Apple would have to be incredibly dumb to do something like that...

If a major company starts producing something that has negative effects on the environment, they're going to get into trouble. And some designers/engineers are going to get fired. Environmental impacts are one of the major factors when designing something - I can't imagine anyone not doing it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
As if Apple products are the only ones in the world with toxic ingredients...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
Guess I'll have to be careful not to eat my iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
yeah last time I checked iphones werent edible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
This is absurd. It's got to be a joke. The "going green" concept in regards to the iPhone is really reaching on this one. I wonder what the golden boy Al Gore would have to say about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
iPhone 2.0 will be made of hemp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Guess I'll have to be careful not to eat my iPhone.

The levels are so low in the earphones that it's unlikely to affect you. I've eaten eight sets of iPod earphones with no ill efects so far. I tried to eat an iPhone, but I couldn't manage a whole one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
It's their shtick, Blendtec. They try to blend EVERYTHING.

Reaction score
OH god seriously? maybe they should start printing the poison control center numbers on the iphone, wait no the box, because when you eat your iphone, how would you read it... Imagine a world where you could cook your iphone off the back of your imac, and then eat it, only to find out it was toxic...
Tragic...

After taking a second look, the first peragraph is enough to disprove the entire article...
scientists at Greenpeace say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
iPhone toxins... what garbage. The PVC edgebanding on desks, cabinets, and drawers are probably worse. I don't see Greenpeace taking action against that.

Water bottles, cups, and all kinds of other have pthalate plasticizers in them.... but it's not like people are eating water bottles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
greenpeace just make stuff up to make an impact, wouldn't be surprised if they were being paid off by other phone companies, Down with greenpeace XD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Greenpeace has been conducting a campaign to get certain substances used in manufacturing, that currently aren't regulated, not to be used. They have taken aim at the large manufacturers and have pretty much succeeded in getting many of the big ones to quit using these substances, if for no other reason then it's good PR. HP and Nokia and the like can point to the ratings they get from Greenpeace to show how "green" they are.

Jobs has pretty much just said he isn't going to pay attention to Greenpeace so Greenpeace has pretty much made an effort to (apparently) publicize Apple's use of these chemicals.

*shrug* Apple doesn't have to comply with what Greenpeace wants, and seems willing to take the bad PR. But be that as it may, I think to suggest that Greenpeace is somehow being paid off by Apple competitors is pretty silly. You may not like Greenpeace or their tactics (mostly I think because they are going after Apple in this case), but there is little doubt that Greenpeace is full of dedicated people working to protect the environment. I mean this is the organization whose activists would put their bodies between harpoon guns and Whales to try and protect them during whale hunts, and whose ship "Rainbow Warrior" was sunk by French commandos (killing one Greenpeace crewman) when they where trying to disrupt French nuclear testing in the south pacific. I doubt very seriously that such an organization would allow themselves to be used by large corporations to effect sales of competitors products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Wait, so the toxins are in the headphone wires? I guess I am safe seeing I used them twice since I got the phone.
Secondly, how much toxin is in the wires? Is it enough to be actually hazardous?
Toxins are everywhere. Don't eat your headphones, use them as a protective cup, or use them as a prophylactic and you'll be ok. If you have done any of the following, I would seek immediate help. I think there are bigger things to worry about.
(Sorry, I had to!)

Reaction score
I have eaten 7 iphones (wires and all) and I am still standing, I have 13 more... I'll update soon...
*collapse*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Moral of the story: iPhones are meant for topical application only, do not injest or apply to open wounds.
I thinks thats in the EULA somewhere... :)
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.