• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm buying a MacBook.

Reaction score
Unfortunately my 2GHz MacBook was water damaged and now I need to buy a new one. I was curious if you all think I should wait for Leopard, and if I don't, if Apple has any discounts if you made a computer purchase within a month or something....

Thanks,

Mark

PS.... If anyone is interested in a MacBook that needs a logic board replaced contact me.

OP
M
Reaction score
Buying a MacBook Pro

Unfortunately my 2GHz MacBook was water damaged and now I need to buy a new one. I was curious if you all think I should wait for Leopard, and if I don't, if Apple has any discounts if you made a computer purchase within a month or something....

Thanks,

Mark

PS.... If anyone is interested in a MacBook that needs a logic board replaced contact me.

OP
M
Reaction score
If I buy a MacBook Pro today....

Will they upgrade me to Leopard for free when it comes out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
...no one knows... I'd suggest you wait at least 14 days before it is sure to be released (30th october)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I would definitely wait for Leopard. It is just days away for the release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Will they upgrade me to Leopard for free when it comes out?

Negotiate it with the seller. Say, I'll buy it today if you upgrade me for free... or I can buy it when it's released, and you may not be the sales person that day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I assume you would be looking for more than $200 for the dead Macbook. If not, PM me. As for the new OS, it should be out before the end of the month. If you buya computer 2 weeks prior to 10.5 being released, it will only cost a $20 shipping fee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
...no one knows... I'd suggest you wait at least 14 days before it is sure to be released (30th october)...

Absolutely. Wait until the end of the month. Then you have no worries about this AND you won't have to do the upgrade yourself. You will just a pre installed version. Much nicer.

Reaction score
i would say wait. the new os is going to be awsome. ;D

-jeremi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Thanks,

Mark

I'm buying my first Mac tomorrow and it will be the Macbook. I need it for school and have been waiting/saving up for months, and the anticipation is so bad I can't wait any longer. :D I'm not going to wait for Leopard, but I am thinking of buying it later on when some of the bugs get worked out. So if you really want the Macbook now, go ahead and buy it. Maybe Apple will give you a discount or give you Leopard for free since you are buying your new computer so close to the release date of the new OS. (At least that is what I have heard)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
I'm buying my first Mac tomorrow and it will be the Macbook. I need it for school and have been waiting/saving up for months, and the anticipation is so bad I can't wait any longer. :D I'm not going to wait for Leopard, but I am thinking of buying it later on when some of the bugs get worked out. So if you really want the Macbook now, go ahead and buy it. Maybe Apple will give you a discount or give you Leopard for free since you are buying your new computer so close to the release date of the new OS. (At least that is what I have heard)

i believe if you buy your mac tomorrow, you will actually get the leopard upgrade for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.