External LCD TV video playback

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
I am using Handbrake to copy many of my DVDs to MP4 on my IMAC. I have a Mini DVI to DVI dongle and a DVI to HDMI cable that goes to my 40 inc Samsung LCD TV. The output woks great and looks perfect.

The question I have though is that Quicktime won't appear to enter a full screen mode on an external monitor. I can select fit to screen but what I am looking for is a full screen so I don't see any of the background. Is there a playback application that will do this for me that any of you can recommend?

F

Fallooza

go to quicktime> pref>full screen. at the top of that window you will see a box with screens, one will have a quicktime logo in it. just drag that ta the other window.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Well how do you like that! Now if only they fixed that to auto fill the screen the window is in at the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I used QTAmateur before they took away the pro requirement for full screen. Being set in my ways, and it still works fine, it has a full-screen quick-switch mode so I still use it over quicktime.

Google search for it will hook you up. It's free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.