Just purchased my iMac this weekend!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4 GHz, 320 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
So I finally made the (complete) switch to Mac by purchasing a 20" iMac 2.4 this weekend. If you check the wayback machine, the first computer I ever owned was an Apple IIc, on which I used to write silly little input-based programs/games. However, I have owned PCs ever since, and the family computer has always been a PC. We did buy a Mini a couple years ago, but never really used it much.

So, now we have a giant, shiny Mac, and this shall be our main computer for the next few years. (I work from home and, unfortunately, still have to use a PC for the related proprietary software.) My iPods happily greeted the new machine as well, including my wife's 5G video ipod and my new, fully-hacked iPod Touch.

By the way, I have read about some of the issues people have had with the 20" screen, but I just don't see it on mine. I have all the specs of the larger model, without the oversized screen.

Reaction score
Congratulations! Or welcome back - which ever applies best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
What issues with the screen? - Welcome back to the Dark Side :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 GHz, 2 GB Ram, 120 GB HD
I just bought my first Mac this weekend too. Sooooo tired of Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Glad ive got Windows XP on my windows laptop - Vista is just... I can't even think of words to describe how crap it is.

Reaction score
Just got myself a Macbook, should be arriving later in the week, personally I cant wait. My year old HP laptop's wireless adapter blew up but at least its running XP, and my PC is running Vista. IMO Vista is good for desktops, but too power hungry on laptops, my friends have had nothing but problems. I wanted a computer I could rely on, and I just wanted to congratulate you on your purchase!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
By the way, I have read about some of the issues people have had with the 20" screen, but I just don't see it on mine. I have all the specs of the larger model, without the oversized screen.

Welcome,

If you don't see any weird graphics symptoms in the first 3 or 4 days you are in the clear (Congratulations!). I don't think the problem is SUPER wide spread but it did take me till iMac #3 to get one that worked properly.

enjoy!

OP
boswellian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I only read about the screen issues a day or two after I had the Mac, and I had never noticed anything. Of course, we're talking about supposed "issues" of solid colors not being completely consistent across the entire screen. I'm sure that may matter some to photo professionals, etc., but it's just not an issue for the average user...(not much of an issue for the pro either, really). I do have a Vista machine...It's prettier than XP, but definitely not as stable...anyway, who cares? On my Mac, everything just works...including syncing my razr via bluetooth. I paid $30 for Motorola Phone Tools and still couldn't get my phone to stay connected to Vista long enough to transfer pics. On the Mac, all I had to do was turn the bluetooth on and BAM!, instant photo transfers!

OP
boswellian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just bought my first Mac this weekend too. Sooooo tired of Vista.

Don't forget to order your FREE copy of Leopard! If you purchased a new Mac in October, you can go online and order Leopard for just $9.95. I just did it this morning!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went to the Leopard web site and didn't see anything about getting it for 10.00. Do you have to go into the preorder now page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, did it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.