FTP issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
There are multiple ftp servers on my network that I can access from a windows computer using filezilla but dont seem to exist in regards to my mac. I have tried multiple ftp clients (including filezilla for mac) and I just cant seem to access them. Is there something different about accessing ftp's from mac, can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You may have a firewall setting incorrect. I would check that out first.

Second, try humble terminal.app. It has an ftp command. If you can't get through at that level, work that until you do. My guess is that it is firewall related, either on your Mac or on your DSL modem/router. Could you capture a brief Terminal session of your efforts to connect to an FTP server via Terminal.app's "ftp" command and post it back please? That would help.

I access many FTP servers from my Mac and have never had any issues, so I know that it works in general.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.