Getting my iMac Thursday....Finally!

Reaction score
I don't usually post on these forums but I do lurk here everyday...

Anyways, I've been saving for my iMac since April...and Thursday is finally the big day! I'll be getting the cheapest 20'' aluminum model (all I do is surf the internet and store + listen to music) so it'll get the job done easily haha. However I still have a question; is it better to leave my iMac on all the time or shut it down every night?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Considering a Mac... hopefully
If I were you, I would shut it down at night to conserve electricity :D . There's no point in having it on at night, unless you want high electric bills.

Reaction score
Congratulations! I know the anticipation you are feeling! :D I usually leave mine on (sleep mode) but I find that about every two weeks or so, I have to restart it because it begins to slow down. I am not sure about the electricity thing - not sure it can use that much - if any - electricity in the sleep mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I tend to shut mine down at Night unless its charging my iPod or something. No need to waste power - however little it may waste.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Have you already ordered it?

Wait until October 26th and you'll get the latest operating system, Leopard, thus probably saving you £90.

OP
I
Reaction score
Well I have it on layaway. I have to pick it up on thursday, I'm fine with paying extra later anyhow. So excited!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm old school - and you'll find most of 'us' never shut their rigs down.
My notebook was just restarted several times last week for some testing I ran for the first time in approx 4 months.

And, if you're also not completing payment for it until Thursday, the 18th, and Leopard does indeed come out this month, you should be within the two week period to be able to get it for free from what I understand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.