• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

new macbooks

Reaction score
I was wondering when do you think apple will release the new macbook lines? One thing I do not like about the new macbooks is they have mini dvi ports. I am hoping that they upgrade the macbooks to have regular dvi ports built in. I know you can buy an adapter but the point of carrying a laptops with cables is not appealing. I really do not feel I need a Macbook Pro even though it has a DVI port built in. I just need a laptop for basic web surfing and downloading shows and music.

Does anyone know if they make a mini dvi to hdmi cable out now? That would be great, I can just plug my laptop into my reciever and problem solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
i dont know what its gonna have
but they will release new macbooks when leopard comes out October 26

OP
S
Reaction score
specs

i dont know what its gonna have
but they will release new macbooks when leopard comes out October 26

Oh yea, thats cool. I doubt it is anything big, they haven't made any annoucements and the date is approaching quickly. I am sure it will just be a few minor tweaks here and there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
Oh yea, thats cool. I doubt it is anything big, they haven't made any annoucements and the date is approaching quickly. I am sure it will just be a few minor tweaks here and there.

apple doesnt make announcements
it is going to be more than a few tweaks lol,
try all aluminum with a totally new touchpad

Reaction score
I heard its going to be a downsized macbook pro! capable of everything the current macbook pros can do, but in a smaller package.

omg I cant wait.

PS: As far as release date goes, the new generation of macbooks could be released either with leapord rather soon, or it will be released in the first quarter of next year :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
how different will the specs be on the next generation macbooks? gahh.. i just got a macbook 2 weeks ago.. sad to know that apple is coming out with new one's already..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
I seriously doubt there will be any major changes before MWSF.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I was wondering when do you think apple will release the new macbook lines? One thing I do not like about the new macbooks is they have mini dvi ports. I am hoping that they upgrade the macbooks to have regular dvi ports built in. I know you can buy an adapter but the point of carrying a laptops with cables is not appealing. I really do not feel I need a Macbook Pro even though it has a DVI port built in. I just need a laptop for basic web surfing and downloading shows and music.

Does anyone know if they make a mini dvi to hdmi cable out now? That would be great, I can just plug my laptop into my reciever and problem solved.

A laptop bag works well for this. Cables, mouse, CDs/DVDs, etcs... all fit in these pretty easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
It's on the internet it must be true!;D

lol of COURSE!
actually i would say they would wait till janurary (macworld) to release any new models

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.