• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Insomnia Film Festival...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
...starts in 13 hours.

http://www.apple.com/education/insomnia/

Four friends and I are doing it. We've been planning all week for the 'big day'. We are walking through every camera angle right now. I am really, really excited. We decided to go for the more artistic feel.

Anyone else doing it?

I will post it up here as soon as its done!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Looking forward to your submission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
Thought about doing it, but my merry band of misfits are all off busy doing other things and I got caught up doing editing for someone else...

That said, I'm totally looking forward to yours and all the other submissions... Back yard film makers unite!

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go for it. I have no ideas at the moment, but I can think of something in 8 HOURS.

Reaction score
Is your movie called: When good bananas go bad, staring cheesybanana himself!!

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Is your movie called: When good bananas go bad, staring cheesybanana himself!!

I wish!

Well, we have 11 hours left, and it is coming along just perfect. I'm really excited for it to be finished!

Reaction score
I just finished. I'm not sure if it went through yet. I know for a fact I won't win, but this is my very first attempt at film making, so it's something worth being proud of.

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro

So, we didn't get finished in time. We were cutting it close as it was and things just didn't go exactly as planned at the end. It is done, we just didn't have enough time to upload it.

Worse, in a freak accident, the screen of my MacBook Pro was completely destroyed by a birdcage that fell off the wall (it was a required prop). The hinge is also pretty messed up from being pushed so far back. I don't have $500+ to fix it. So, I have a non-functional MBP to go along with our not-actually-submitted film.

Worst day of my life...

Reaction score
Oh man, that really sucks! Sorry, dude, tell you what, in the rare occurrence that I win, I'm dedicating it to your team's memory. Haha, to be quite honest, I wouldn't have known about this contest if you didn't bring up this topic. I'm sure you made a great film.

Reaction score
Geez I am sorry!!! That has to be a bad day - to lose your Mac!!! Makes my skin crawl.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
That sucks Cheese. I know mere words probably can't help ease the pain and sorrow of what happened. But keep your head up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.