New Mac Owner!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lawrence and I just bought a new MacBook Pro. I'm a Computer Systems & Networking Student at Centennial College in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I got mine custom configured from Apple Canada's Website. I must say, definitely the best notebook I have EVER bought, both hardware and software.

Thus far, I have installed Firefox for a browser, Adium for IM purposes, VMware Fusion in case I need a different OS, iWork '08, Eclispse for Java Programming, Toast for burning and Aperture for photoediting. I also have VirtualDJ in there for when I do my DJ gigs.

I look forward to discussing these wonderful machines with all of you in the future, and wish you all the best :)

Talk to you soon!
P1000402.jpg

P1000404.jpg

P1000413.jpg

(As not to create confusion, the 24" Screen in the background is connected to my Windows Vista-Based PC, not my MacBook Pro.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Your current setup looks perfect! Be surprised for an exciting ride... and welcome to the forums...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Basically...

WELCOME!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
I should have took a pic as well. I purchased a MBP yesterday too. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
Congrats, enjoy your new Mac. These are wonderful machines. It may take some time to get used to OSX after Windows, but once you get it, it's smooth sailing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Welcome!

I switched from Linux, I love my mac!

I switched from Windows to Linux.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.