Parallels

Reaction score
I want to use parallels to run PCLINUX and WINDOWSXP. Can I use them both within the max OS X? I don't want to ruin my OS X because I have a lot of important programs on it. Is parallels a pretty safe program? Has it ever caused anyone to have to reinstall?

With PCLINUX + Beryl work in Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
Parallels is perfectly safe. If one of your Virtual Machines gets screwed up you simply tell Parallels to delete it and reinstall it. It's a life saver.

Beryl/Compiz-Fusion will not work, sadly, because Parallels will use the VESA drivers on Linux.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Parallels is perfectly safe. If one of your Virtual Machines gets screwed up you simply tell Parallels to delete it and reinstall it. It's a life saver.

Beryl/Compiz-Fusion will not work, sadly, because Parallels will use the VESA drivers on Linux.

I second this - I run XP and SuSE on Parallels (sometimes at the same time) and it works fine.

Parallels driver support for Linux is not as strong as VM Fusion, but they're working on it and so perhaps soon things like Compiz will work...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.