Just got logic express

Reaction score
I just got logic express and boy am I lost! I don't know where to start. I'm use to FL STUDIO. Say I want to make a beat or tone from scratch using a sequence of squares.. I think its called step sequencer. How do I do that? I clicked the pencil too and dragged out the instrument on the timeline, but heard nothing. Just need a jump-start. thanks

Reaction score
I do not have the new logic yet i have ordered logic 8 studio but if you go on youtube and just search Logic tutorials im sure you will get to grips with our program from just other versions of logic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Ok. This could take a while...

you need to select an instrument channel (you should have them set on your front page) and select an instrument in the box above the outputs. This will then let you play a sound source from the matrix editor. Lovely.

PM me / email me what you want to know, and i'll do my best to get you started (have been using logic since ver. 3!) There might be pictures an' everything!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.