Announcement: Opportunity to Evaluate Quantrix Modeler Alpha on OS X

Q

quantrix qa

Greetings:

I would like to invite interested parties in the OS X community to participate in an Alpha evaluation program for Quantrix Modeler. Quantrix Modeler is a numeric multi-dimensional modeling tool and an Alpha release will be available soon on the OS X platform. Quantrix allows users to create complex numeric models more easily and efficiently than they can with traditional two-dimensional spreadsheets.

Some in the OS X community may remember Quantrix for NeXTSTEP developed by Lighthouse Design in the mid 1990’s. My colleagues and I have been working with Peter Murray, formerly the lead engineer for the Quantrix project at Lighthouse, to build and commercialize a new, ground-up implementation of Quantrix. We released Quantrix for the Windows platform in late 2003 and we now have customers in 16 countries around the world.

Now with this OS X Alpha release, we are looking for a select team of evaluators to exercise our port to OS X. To participate in this program, please send an email to [email protected] and we will notify you when an Alpha release is ready for you to download and install. We expect this to happen before the end of August, 2004.

I would like to thank the moderator of this forum for giving us permission to post about our Alpha program. Please contact me directly if you have any questions. Everyone at Quantrix is looking forward to your feedback.

- Mike Salisbury

QA & Support Manager
Quantrix
428 Fore Street
FL4
Portland, ME 04101
[email protected]
www.quantrix.com
+1 207.775.0808 ext 1.

OP
R

rrs

Try it!

Dear All,

I have been using Lotus Improv back in the early 90s. Unfortunately this excellent tools disappeared. Since then no other real alternative I'm aware of existed.

With Quantrix there again is a product comparable to Improv.

Apart from the Windows version there is a version for OS X. Because I switched to OS X and now rely on it for my daily work I really appreciate software available for Windows and OS X (many users happen to rely on Windows). Model files are fully compatible. Look and feel of the OS X prototype is good.

Therefore, if you look for excellent business software on OS X give Quantrix a try !!!!

Regards,
Dr. Raoul Schild

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.