Keychain Sharing Help

Reaction score
My fiance and I recently switched to a macbook and fell in love with the fact that we could both have different user profiles. We're now struggling to figure out how to share our information (files, music, photos, passwords) between us.

The keychain is driving me crazy. I've tried to search the internet & forums for help with my situation to no avail. Any help would be wonderful!

I pay the bills, but my fiance logged our shared passwords, through his profile, in a shared keychain. When I log in, open keychain, and select our shared keychain - it shows me an empty box next to the keychain name (instead of a lock or unlock icon) and the information at the top says 'keychain locked'. So I then logged in as my fiance, unlocked the keychain, checked the preferences, made sure it was saved & that it was set to NOT re-lock the keychain automatically. I quit keychain in his account with these changes saved, log back in to my account and go through the process all over again - STILL our shared, unlocked keychain, won't show or allow me to unlock it.

Next I try to figure out where the keychain program saved our 'shared' keychain when he created it - thinking I could copy this file, save it to my personal file, and import it to my keychain (essentially creating two copies). But I can't figure out where it's saved!

I figure there are ways around this but my newbie status isn't allowing me to figure them out.

I would GREATLY appreciate any sage advice you all have to offer.

Thanks!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.