• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Woo Hoo!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Just got a job at the apple store close to my house!! Doing it part time for a bit of extra cash and a decent discout on some sweet apple gear. I start the 27th with the "Training". Anyone else work at an Apple store??;D :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I want too. Going to try next summer. Did you just apply?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats to you. And btw do you know what the discount rate is?

OP
fyrman22
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I just filled out an app online and they called me back. From what I understand its 10% on everything. Then 3 15% discounts, and 25% on a new complete system every year. Should be a nice relaxing change from the hectic fire department job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Congrats Fyrman!! May want to keep those discount details under wraps. Usually that sort of info is supposed to confidential, and you don't want M-F members/friends asking you to hook them up!

OP
fyrman22
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only one I'll be hooking up is me. I need some new stuff.... Well not really but I like to think I do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Congrats. One of the recruiting members contacted me last week for the genius bar position. He hasn't gotten back to me though, I've sent e-mails and left messages and I haven't received anything. I'm really hoping I can get through. I need the job and it'd be great to work at apple :-D

The discounts are pretty standard, most retail places are 10 % When I worked at radioshack it was 10% employee discount. The other rates sound great though :-D 25% yay.

Reaction score
Congrats. One of the recruiting members contacted me last week for the genius bar position. He hasn't gotten back to me though, I've sent e-mails and left messages and I haven't received anything. I'm really hoping I can get through. I need the job and it'd be great to work at apple :-D

The discounts are pretty standard, most retail places are 10 % When I worked at radioshack it was 10% employee discount. The other rates sound great though :-D 25% yay.

Thats pretty cool, working at a genius bar would be like a real life forum, and instead of getting rep for helping people you would get a nice paycheck!

Congrats to both of you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
A cousin of a friend has says that she can get ANY apple product at 50% off! Obviously she is somewhere high up, but that's what she says. And the moment I want a macbook pro, I know who I'm going to call! :) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The moment you want one? You can get one at 50% off right now, and you don't want it now? What's wrong with you ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Congrats fyrman22! Sounds great.

And Ghostshadow, hope it works out for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Any job where you can wear Jeans, T-shirt and Flip Flops works for me!
and lets not forget your paid to discuss Apple products all day...

Grats, I have friends who work in the Genius Bar and One whos a manager at one of the locations... apple supplied employees with Free Iphones, so if you dont have one yet, you may be getting a nie perk :)

Reaction score
I think the iPhone was only if you had been there for over a year before the release of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Congrats :) that would be sweet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.