Mount camera SD card as drive

Reaction score
Hi

I have a canon camera, with a card in it, I want to mount that card so I can add/delete files from it, so I can then transfer these files to a printer using Pictbridge.

The printer is Sony and WILL NOT talk to my Mac.

How can I mount the card to my Mac, as the moment, it just opens iPhoto automatically.

Thanks

Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Card reader, I think

I may be wrong, but I believe that you can't just connect the camera to the computer without software to remove the files from the camera. If you don't have that installed, iPhoto picks up the job.

Getting a card reader and plugging it in will show the card as a drive. Plus removing files from a card reader moves at a much greater rate than trying to retrieve them straight from the camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
you should just be able to plug your camera in with the cable that it came with. if your mac does not read it you may need to look in to getting macintosh drivers for your camera. you should be able to get them from the canon website and i would be shocked if canon dosent make any drivers for the mac.

You could also get a card reader for your mac then just take the card out of the camera and put it in that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
you should just be able to plug your camera in with the cable that it came with. if your mac does not read it you may need to look in to getting macintosh drivers for your camera. you should be able to get them from the canon website and i would be shocked if canon dosent make any drivers for the mac.

You could also get a card reader for your mac then just take the card out of the camera and put it in that.

When you do that though, the OS needs an app to retrieve the pictures and doesn't just open it as a drive. Same way on any Windows OS, I believe. You have to use the camera's supplied software to retrieve directly from the camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
on my windows computer when i connect my camera i just open up the file contents in a browser and it lets me take it straight with out any other software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.