Error Burning DVD's--Please Help Newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am having some difficulties burning DVD’s and would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. Before I begin explaining the problem, please let me note that the DVD’s that I am trying to burn are backups of DVD’s I have already purchased. They are for my personal use as backups. I am relatively inexperienced, and because I do not know what information you need, I will try to be as specific as possible:

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch. Here is my burner information:

MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857E:

Firmware Revision: ZA0E
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
Media: No

I use MacTheRipper and then Popcorn 2 to burn the DVD’s. I have Memorex DVD+R Dual Layers. The package says 2.4 to 8x, 240 min, 8.5 GB.

When I try to burn the disc I always get an error on the lead-out. I cannot remember the exact error message, but can remember that it said it was a hardware error.

Last night, I tried DVD2oneX 2.3, and received error messages both times I tried burning:

“ERROR: 1:MESSAGE:Burn failed
MESSAGE:The device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry.

The first time, I tried using DVD2oneX I had it on regular speed, and the second time, I first restarted the computer and tried the Command key, Option, R, and L trick and it worked as stated, but did not fix my problem. I also attempted to switch the write speed from Max to 6X.

If anyone has any ideas and can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried doing research, but have come up empty handed with an actual solution. Also, if you think I need an external hard drive and you have one to recommend, please let me know. I don’t know if this is a defect with my burner, but I would really like to get it straightened out.

Thanks Again,
Kevin

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would try another brand of DVDs. I use either TDKs or Verbatim DVD-Rs. I have some Verbatim DVD+R DL, just have not tried them as of yet. Also I maybe wrong here, but I don't think a burned DVD+R DL will play on a desk DVD player. Hopefully someelse will come along with more information here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.