Creating custom wallpapers (from photos) that changes daily

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Ok so the fact that windows never had the ability to automatically change the computers background wallpaper daily was very annoying. The fact that mac can do it is another cherry on the icing on the cake. However i appears that you cannot create your own custom albums to be used as a daily changing wallpaper, is this true, can it be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
yes, you just have to make a folder and put the pics u want in there

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
all you need to do is with in the desktop & screen saver function, tell it where you pictures are located.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Make a folder of all the images you want to be in your desktop, then in System Preference go to Desktop & Screen Saver, in the Desktop Tab click on "Choose Folder" and find the folder with all your images. Then at the bottom of the window there's a "Change picture" option where you tell it how frequently you want the picture to change.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
new problems

okay thanks i have done that. But now the photograph quality is very poor even with photos that used to be very good on my wallpaper! The images now are all blocky and poor graphics. Worse still one of the photos (actually a short 1min video clip) which i keep deleting everywhere, appears as the first picture in any folder i chooose to appear as my wallpaper, which is very annoying.:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Sounds like you've compressed the images a whole lot or something... and as for the video clip, that is extremely odd. Not a clue what's going on there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.