Radiohead: In Rainbows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
So who pre-ordered the new Radiohead album?

I just got my email with the download link this morning. It's a great album...
You can pay as much as you want for it and download it drm-free. The files are all 160Kb mp3.

I opted to pay £5,- for it - a bit less than I would pay on iTunes for it, but not too little (I hope).

http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/Quickindex.html

What do you guys think?

Oh and is anyone getting the box set?

Edit: I've added a poll...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I downloaded this morning, Love it.

I Payed £5 also, definatley worth it, not sure about the boxed set

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I've listened to it three times so far and I absolutely love it.

Still no OK Computer, but it's awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.4.11 120GB Intel GMA 950 (2007)
I paid £4.20, which seemed a fitting price :D

Fantastic album from the first listen, but can't be compared to the rest of the discography based on one time around. 'Faust Arp' is the highlight for me so far, but as I said I'm impressed with the whole album! Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks.

Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I need to have it on vinyl so i will be getting the box set but have no money right now. I got it for free till then.
Amazing is about all I can say right now. I will have to really listen to it a few more times before i can rank it as my fav radiohead album but hail will be tough to top.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did the same as bryphotoguy. Payed nothing until I can get the vinyl set with the extra artwork and CD.

Reaction score
Nothing - don't have a credit card. But I've bought other CD's of theirs, and Radiohead isn't exactly destitute, so I'm not feeling particularly bad.

Not comparable to their older stuff, but it's exceeded my expectations.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting results so far :)

So I guess most people are comfortable paying around £5,- for an album... I bet Radiohead are actually making more from those £5,- than they would off a £10,- sold through a record label...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I haven't bought it yet, but I'm thinking I'll pay £2 or £3. I'll probably buy the CD next year so I can rip something higher quality and get the 2nd disc, so I don't want to pay twice the price.

Reaction score
I only paid £0 because I'm going to buy the £40 box set. Saw Radiohead on The Bends tour when I was a student. Probably the best gig I've ever been to

F

Fallooza

...what's a Radiohead: In Rainbows? i couldnt stand ta look at that site for more than 4 seconds. i dont see that option in your poll... yet

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...what's a Radiohead: In Rainbows? i couldnt stand ta look at that site for more than 4 seconds. i dont see that option in your poll... yet
Haha...

It's the new album by Radiohead - a british band...
What's interesting is that they are currently not attached to a label and are instead releasing this album themselves. You can either purchase a box set for lotsa moohla, or pay whatever you want for the digital download version.

It's currently not available anywhere else AFAIK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Isn't there an option for them to pay you? ;D

Sorry, not a big Radio Head fan! :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Which are the good tracks in there? I hate to go through an entire album trying to find out the good ones...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's really not a bad track on the CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Isn't there an option for them to pay you? ;D

Sorry, not a big Radio Head fan! :D :D
You mean, there's people out there who don't like Radiohead? :eek: Thanks for this confirmation! :Smirk:

Which are the good tracks in there? I hate to go through an entire album trying to find out the good ones...
Isn't that part of what listening to music is about? It's subjective, anyway. My favorite track could be the only one you detest.

But, if you really need to know, my favorites so far are Bodysnatchers, Reckoner and Jigsaw Falling Into Place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I don't give much to the "listen to the whole album" thing even though Radiohead professes it. I always look up an album on iTunes and download the most popular tracks in it. That way I have only the 'excellent music' in my collection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I'm not all the way through it, but this is a really great album.

I got fed up with the website timing out and I went to the Pirate Bay. I'll pay the band later.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't give much to the "listen to the whole album" thing even though Radiohead professes it. I always look up an album on iTunes and download the most popular tracks in it. That way I have only the 'excellent music' in my collection.
I think it depends a lot on the band and style of music, but some albums really need to be heard in entirety.

Reaction score
I think it depends a lot on the band and style of music, but some albums really need to be heard in entirety.

Totally agree. The sad thing about music downloading now is that it destroys the flow of listening to an album. It's like someone coming up to you and saying, "What are the good scenes in The Godfather? I don't think I'll bother with watching the whole thing but just the good bits."

Many many good albums are designed to be listened to AS AN ALBUM.

In Rainbows is a beautiful, heartbreaking album which I don't think puts a foot wrong. I understand people who don't like the band, it took me about 10 listens to realise that The Bends was one of the best albums of all time. Music that is immediately enjoyable is also quickly annoying. Music that creeps up on you and takes its time is much better. IMO

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.