Problems burning podcasts?

Reaction score
I have downloaded several podcasts from the iTunes music store and put them into a playlist to burn to CD. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't seem to let me burn more than about 3 at a time even though the files are quite small. How can I tell how many will fit on a single CD? Why is iTunes limiting me?

Any help would be appreciated!

OP
R
Reaction score
I read in a different forum that it is only possible to burn 60-80 minutes of sound on an audio CD. Does anyone know why this is since 60-80 minutes of encoded sound only takes up a fraction of the space available on the CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Different standards, different compression.

A 5-minute MP3-encoded sound file takes up a lot less space than a 5-minute song on a CD because the MP3 is highly compressed.

When you compress an audio file, much of the sound information is lost. For podcasts and portable music players, this is not a big deal. This is why MP3s rarely sound as good as their CD counterparts.

Hope his helps!

OP
R
Reaction score
I am actually talking about compressed sound in the form of podcasts. iTunes doesn't seem to want to let me burn more than about 150-200 mb on a 790 mb CD. It just doesn't add up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
like caribiner was getting at...it converts back to a cd format which is a larger file....so you are most likely getting the proper # of songs
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Yep, what they said... The "circa 1985" Audio CD standard doesn't know an MP3 or wave file from a graham cracker. These compressed files are being written back to the CD as HUGE 16 bit files, uncompressed, for a total of 74 minutes of total audio capacity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.