MBP or 24in imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
Hi,
so I ordered the wifes macbook replacement for her dell,
if I like it I'll also be making the switch, now I use my P4 3.2ghz ht with 2gb ram for mainly photo editing and surfing.

I really like the look of the 24in aluminium imac, that screen!!

But I dont know if i would be better off with the Macbook pro, the same pice gets me the 15.4in model.

both would be as a replacement for the desktop, how easy would it be to take the imac to shoots? i have seen the ilugger, looks quite simple,
if it comes to it i can use the wifes macbook for remote tether shooting and displaying images on scene.

decisions decisions!!

Reaction score
I vote for the 24" iMac. You get a lot more machine for your money.

Bear in mind that you can use the MacBook Pro with an external monitor. I'm assuming you already have one for your PC.

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Do you want portability? Go for the laptop if so. If not, get the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I bought the MBP for myself. My wife was complaining that her Dell and IBM (she had two for different applications and the fact that the IBM was really ready to be turned out to pasture) were really unpredicable. So, I got her the entry level iMac. What a difference it made for her. Now, we have the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The question here is whether you want a laptop or a desktop. I think only you can answer that, because it's like comparing apples and pears (no pun intended).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I'd go with the MBP and use an existing external monitor. You basically get the best of both worlds with that setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
I would say imac 24".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
You will be sick of lugging an iMac everywhere - I'd go the Macbook for portability.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
right, just met an imac in the flesh so to speak, my dealer has 1 of everything, no contest, I'll borrow the wifes ibook if i need to, I must have that 24in screen!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.