Faulty Macbooks vs. ones that work perfectly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Whenever I read reviews on the Macbook, or look at these forums, I see two types of situations. One, you are really happy with your new Macbook and it has been perfect with no problems. Two, you are very disappointed with your Macbook because it has been giving you nothing but problems. I saw a lot of both of these especially in the Amazon.com reviews for the MB, but thankfully the good reviews outweighed the bad. Still, all of this almost makes me worried to buy my new MB in fear of it being faulty when I take it out of the box. :Oops:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Forums are places where a lot of people come to get help with and complain about problems. It's a shame, but many people only ever come here for help, but once their problems are solved, never stick around to talk about how much they like their machines. Same goes for product review sites - people that are having problems are far more likely to complain about them than those that do not.

Whether it's a forum about cars, computers or whatever widget you can think of, forums are never a good gauge of reliability. A small fraction of the machines that Apple sells are represented here, and those that are represented are usually done so because they have issues. Apple happens to have one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry.

Simply stated - if you want a Macbook, just buy it. Statistically speaking, you'll have no issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
Forums are places where a lot of people come to get help with and complain about problems. It's a shame, but many people only ever come here for help, but once their problems are solved, never stick around to talk about how much they like their machines. Same goes for product review sites - people that are having problems are far more likely to complain about them than those that do not.

Whether it's a forum about cars, computers or whatever widget you can think of, forums are never a good gauge of reliability. A small fraction of the machines that Apple sells are represented here, and those that are represented are usually done so because they have issues. Apple happens to have one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry.

Simply stated - if you want a Macbook, just buy it. Statistically speaking, you'll have no issues.

And even if you do have a problem, Apple will probably take care of it. So don't worry about it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
true, just buy it you'll have no problems.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
...and if you do, Apple support is excellent (at least out here in India).

Reaction score
No worries, Nina. The current MacBook design has been around for quite a while. It's a very reliable computer.

OP
Ninapants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Thanks. I feel a lot better now =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Yeah, it is a shame that so many people leave. =[

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, if its faulty you can return it to apple and get a new one. Unless its the new iMac freezing issue... then you just have wait for a new update x_x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Failure / problem rate is probably around 2%. Pretty much the same as for any large electronics manufacturer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.