editing music

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is a program that came with my macbook pro that is similar to imovie that is for just music? I want to creat a music cd for a friend that would allow me to make basic edits to individual tracks like volume adjustments and so forth. can i just create it in imovie without video?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've never used Garageband, but try it out. Also take a look at Audacity, it's a great program for making small edits.

OP
N
Reaction score
that doesn't show up when i search my computer programs...this would have to be something i would have to purchase correct?
i can import a song from itunes but i haven't been able to figure out how i can make the adjustment to the volume like i can in imovie. not sure if its possible of if i just have to play around with it a little more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No, it's available as a free download here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
If you are just changing the volume then you dont need to use audacity. Audacity is great for editing using plugins but if you want to just adjust the volume...

Next to the track you have dragged in to garageband, you will find a little icon which looks like a slider. Use that to adjust it as an overall level

If you wish to adjust it at different points within the track then you need to use the built in automating tools with garageband :)

Clicky this link to show you a picture of the automated volume editing

Clicky this link to show you a picture of usual volume editing

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.