I'm getting a MacBook soon and I was..

Reaction score
Wondering, Disk such as my Scanner, Drawing Tablet and Photoshop will they be able to install onto a mac? I know this sounds stupid but I was just wondering because you need a Different disk to play games on a mac then on a computer.

So thanks in advance.

OP
K
Reaction score
Also, is it true that Mac don't get Trojan(viruses?) does that also apply to Spyware and Malware?

Reaction score
of course the apps can be put but most of the apps you have is already on the macbook...also mac dont get virus...next time use the edit button

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
Ricebook isn't quite right.

As far as programs, you will need the Mac OS X versions unless you plan to install Windows via Bootcamp. Drivers, though - a lot of those are pre-built into the OS. Depends on your scanner and tablet, though, and whether or not the companies that produce them support OS X.

For the most part, it's true: Macs aren't susceptible to viruses, et al. They're just not written for the OS. Basically, they don't work for the same reason a Windows program won't work: they don't speak the same language. If you're running Windows on your Mac, though, you'll still have to be careful and use an anti-virus program; the Windows part DOES speak the language.

I hope any of this has been a help.

OP
K
Reaction score
I don't plan to use Windows, I just need My scanner, Drawing Tablet and My photoshop for me Art work I like to do.

So by Viruses you mean Keyloggers and Malware aswell?

Also I was gonna get the 2.0 ghz White apple Mac, is it worth the extra money for the 2.16ghz?

I was also thinking of getting an extra 1gb of ram, is that worth the extra money aswell? and Lastly, do them Apple macs get the OS X think you were talking about?

Computer talk is like Japanese to me. sorry :(

Oh Oh! Once last thing. I'm in College atm but I'm only 17, will I still be able to get a student discount?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Watch your grammar young man!

Don't buy ram from Apple, buy from Crucial.com. You will save at least $50 getting that extra upgrade.

I'd recommend the 2.0GHz, the extra 320MHz isn't going to make a huge difference, for what you are planning on doing, the RAM is the most important thing.

Remember for Photoshop you will need OSX installers, not Windows XP compatible ones.

Hope this helps

Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram
I would go for both of the upgrades you wrote above, and maybe look into a Macbook Pro if you can swing it....If you are doing a lot of photo-editing/art work, you will appreciate the extra power.

Age isn't s determining factor in the student discount to my knowledge, you just need to prove you are attending a school....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
As for Pen tablets and photoshop, they were almost made to work on Macs (Pen tablet is Wacom right?). As for your scanner, it should work in all probability (you could mention the brand/model here just to be sure). As for Apple "OS X", it is just like Microsoft having "Windows Vista"...only it is miles ahead.

OP
K
Reaction score
Im not rich so I only have a cheap one, I'll prob get a better tablet. in the future. BTW I'm from england so I'm not sure if some of the stuff you've mentioned is American.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wacom is a must if you are serious into graphics and such. And it's available all over the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I recently bought a graphire4 tablet (9x6) for $225 which is not much for what it offers... Wacom is a market leader for a reason..

OP
K
Reaction score
I will buy one most likely when I start University, I'm gonna practice on the one I have now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.