Apple Updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Hi. Had my 2.4 MacBook Pro for about a month now, and I Love it. Its been On Holiday with me and my partner, touring round Nothern England for 2 weeks in our motorhome.

Also managed to get my hands on a near mint PowerMac G4 533Mhz (DA) with 768mb, 40gb hd and and Airport for NOTHING from work, with Tiger on, so im now in the process of trying to convert my girlfriend. She doesnt have much choice because i sold the windows machine from under her nose :)

Anyway, My question is....

Updates for the mac, do they all come over the Apple automatic updates or do i have to get any from the site?

I was looking earlier at EFI updates etc, and when i downloaded them, it told me everything was up to date, however im not sure about the MacBook Pro update 1.1 (which was released before my MacBook was dispatched)

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
All the updates for the Apple hardware and software you need will come through the software update thing. You don't have to go to the apple site for any of them. And if software thinks it's all up to date then I would say it probably is.

The same can not be said for non apple software. You'll have to update those yourself on an app by app basis.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.