Deleting Applications (Appzapper and the like)

Reaction score
I am currently using Appzapper to delete applications that I have downloaded and tried. It is ok, but does not delete everything that comes with an app. Are there other tools that would be recommended?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try a search of the forums. Lots of suggestions. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What is it that is being left behind?

I use CleanApp.... there is also App Delete, and many others... really though any files that might be left behind aren't going to cause any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
None of them totally clean out files (especially those from app's in system preferences pane). I settled on AppZapper. While AppZapper will usually trash most files (if not all), "spotlight" will find the file or two that remain. Just take a minute to drag those few files to the trash, and be done with it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, thats what I've been doing. Its actually a good way for me to learn about the Mac, to have to delve through differnet folders and directories,;D

None of them totally clean out files (especially those from app's in system preferences pane). I settled on AppZapper. While AppZapper will usually trash most files (if not all), "spotlight" will find the file or two that remain. Just take a minute to drag those few files to the trash, and be done with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I use a combination of dragging to the trash and a quick spotlight search. Seems to work :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.