• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best Halo 3 Review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Haha that was great. Really made my day. Totally agree with that dude. :Angry-Tongue:

OP
DonkeyKong
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
lol if you liked that one you should check out the Tomb Raider review .. ouch that's one nasty piece of work :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Zero Punctuation does some great reviews. You should definitely check out the Bioshock review, the little animated guys are hilarious to look at :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That was the dumbest/most annoying thing I've seen on the Internet in the past 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That pretty sums up my feelings for Halo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I liked Halo, and have beaten the first two multiple times, and the Live is good apart from teh whiny 9 year olds. But I like the gameplay and I like the game as a whole. It is a good game.

I'm not a hardcore Halo fanatic, but I do enjoy it. Call of Duty 2 is my "Halo."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I don't think Halo is a bad game. But just like the reviewer said, it's a very competent, yet mediocre game. I find myself falling asleep every time I play the single player. The multi-player is fun, but any competent mediocre shooter can be fun with a decent multi-player. I never understood what all the hype's about.
I admit the music rocks in the Halo games. But everything else is just... mediocre.
I haven't played Halo 3 yet, but so far people have told me its almost the same game as the other Halos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah, I agree. I wish it had a bit more blood/gore to it. A lot of the maps in the first and second were very repetative, which made it boring. But playing it on Normal and beating it vs. on Legendary is two completely different things.

As far as I'm concerned, it comes down to your taste in games, and what each individual person likes the most.

If some one hates it because they hate shooters, or "sci-fi" shooters, that doesn't mean it's a bad game, you know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, totally agree with you punr0x0r. I mean, the game is really a phenomenon in the US and I'm guessing in Europe as well.
There has to be something about that game that attracts people.
Maybe cause it was the first competent shooter on a console since Golden Eye.
I don't know.
I just never caught onto all the hype.
Maybe its because I prefer tactical shooters.

(Was a huge fan of the original Ghost Recon).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Haha I was playing GRAW yesterday.. I love GR games.. I've been a RAinbow 6 fan since the original on PC back in like 1997. I actually still have a copy of it somewhere..

Vegas is pretty savage too. The Unreal Engine 3 just kicks so much @ss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
I just spent half an hour watching these reviews.

Then I came here and found them again.

Watched them again, too. So good. So true.

OP
DonkeyKong
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
@Kash
I watched that Bioshock review 3 times thats how funny it was :D

Hope he makes some more reviews soon

@punkr0x0r & @leecho7
I really did like the first Halo game it was brilliant. God knows how many times i finished the whole game on the PC.

But i hear really bad things about both Halo 2 and 3 and in most cases its true but then again you can't judge something you haven't played so i will have to try them out at a friends place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.