Help! MPEG files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
So I am still getting used to my first mac (15" macbook pro) but I absolutely love it! Will never go back to windows

anyway, I have been messing around with imovie and iDvd...however, I can't seem to import any of my MPEG files...I know apple supports these. I tried a few different things but nothing worked.

does anyone know what to do?

edit: before anyone asks...the files do work fine in quicktime and are picked up in iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sawtooth G4 and PB G4 w/FW800
What was the original source of the files? Quicktime will play muxed (audio and video together), but can't do anything else with them.

Most videos off of a digital camera are "muxed" there are plenty of utilities that de-mux them.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
What was the original source of the files? Quicktime will play muxed (audio and video together), but can't do anything else with them.

Most videos off of a digital camera are "muxed" there are plenty of utilities that de-mux them.

yeah they are off my digital camera so that could be why. any idea what programs to use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MB white, upgraded to 2gb RAM, 2 apple HD failures - now WD 250gb Scorpio Black
so far vlc has read every video format i have saved on my xp's hard drive. (network... I leave most of my media on the larger xp desktop,and just copy what I want to the MB)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.