Bootcamp users...is it XP or Vista?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Everyone who uses bootcamp, or whatever else you use to run windows on a mac, do you use Windows XP or Windows Vista.

I personally use XP with bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 " MacBook - White 2.0 1 Gig 80HHD
I'd personally stay away from Vista.. :)

OP
NPuter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea same here
that is why I use XP;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
XP here. Mainly because that's what I've already got.

Can't say I'm very excited by Vista, but I haven't really had a good look at it yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I use XP because it uses far fewer resources, which is important on a Macbook. Plus, there's nothing Vista can do that XP can't.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I use XP because it uses far fewer resources, which is important on a Macbook. Plus, there's nothing Vista can do that XP can't.

Same here. Why run the bloated version when you can do the same things with XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I tried Vista on my machine and while it looked pretty, it wasn't worth the extra resources needed to run it. In the end, I ended up getting rid of Boot Camp since I never used it. Since Aero doesn't work in Parallels, it didn't make much sense to virtualize Vista either.

Reaction score
XP. I tried Vista on my PC desktop and didn't like it. It had to many hardware driver issues. Maybe when it becomes more stable. Bit I personally like XP, and where everything is. I don't like that Vista got rid of some of the shortcuts and changed around where things are.

Reaction score
I made a conscious decision to avoid Vista when I made the jump to Mac. I'm not a gamer and the only thing I miss Windows for is MS Money which I am now happy to run on XP in a VMWare Fusion VM on my Mac Pro. XP has been extremely stable for me both on my old PC and in the VM -- I cannot recall ever experiencing a BSOD.

However, I'll probably be purchasing a family pack of Leopard 6 months or so after it's released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
XP. I've just been playing with Vista in a shop, and the more I see and use it the less I like it. Renamed Control Panel entries, options scattered everywhere, scruffy windows and toolbars. One to be avoided, methinks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Santa Rosa 15" 2.4Ghz, 8600M GT 256MB Gfx, 2GB RAM
I wouldnt even use Vista on a pc thats made for it

1nteresting

My dad just bought a new vista computer...and he just uses the old win 98 theme cause Aero is a resource hog.

OP
NPuter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i agree,
why use something that's going to slow your computer down when you could use something else much faster that will still get the job done

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.