• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Want to put AVI Video on DVD,HELP!!

Reaction score
Hi
Im new here and new to all this.
Heres what I have and want to do,
Iv got a 690 MD AVI Movie that I want to put onto disc so I can play on my DVD player.
Movie will play great with VLC but anything else like Quicktime,Realplayer...etc... the video will flicker and sounds will also be out aswell.
I have tryed putting the video in iDVD useing it under VLC but when I do it dosent want to play properly. I'm guessing I need to somehow have movie in Quicktime to be able to play fine in iDVD
So whats the best and easiest way to do this?

Thanks heaps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I recommend converting your AVIs to a better suited format for DVDs. iSquint (or the better paid version, VisualHub) can do that pretty well for you.

It's drag and drop basically, the easiest that I've seen.

OP
H
Reaction score
awsome,thanks for that,just downloaded and converted,worked great.

Thanks heaps for that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
Hi HEKTIC,

If your stand alone DVD player can play DIVx movies then you can make a Data cd using Toast.Then you can then play this in your DVD player. You can burn 4-5 films onto a DVD in this way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
The burn application will allow you to do this, you just select the files and tell it to burn to dvd it'll convert the media and then burn it to the disk for you.

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.