iPhone in Canada

abc

Reaction score
Does anybody knows when the iPhone will be available in Canada?

Also, there is a software for unlocking an iPhone. I heard it will unlock the phone feature, but won't be helpful for the wireless connectivity. Is it true?

There is no news of having the iPhone any time soon, so I might buy it from the states and use it here, in Canda.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Be sure it will actually work, since the updated has re-locked and bricked some phones. As long as the phone is "unlocked", meaning you can actually use it, the wireless should work whether you have cell connectivity or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
First, go here for all the Canada iphone news but tread lightly and search lots first. They tend to get annoyed with iphone questions. iphones were working in canada before the update wireless and all, but data is a killer. Rogers charges about 1400 bucks per 512 mb of data.

I am not putting any money on it coming to the great white north. (I've been wrong before though). We have one provider that can handle the iphone and they don't typically play nice with anyone.

Reaction score
MacDailyNews has a link to a rumour that Canada will get the iPhone in two weeks — and that it will cost $799!

Since the converging values of the Canadian and U.S. dollars (Canada's was worth $1.03 U. S. recently) — at this writing the Canadian dollar is worth .998 cents U.S. — and if this rumour is worth more than the paper it's written on, $799 would be outrageous. But the deal is with Rogers Cable, so I suppose anything is possible with that outfit.

I hope Apple won't be one of those many businesses fleecing consumers by not lowering the prices of imported goods being purchased with a dollar at virtual par with that of the U.S. The news media in Canada has been all over this story.

Apple store Canada

Apple store U.S.

Apple and Rogers would have a lot of 'splainin' to do if iPhones cost $799.

Reaction score
Very wierd how a high end clothing store will sell electronics.... and I thought Apple always want a share of the plans that people sign with their contract... I mean its the same with AT&T and O2... so this doesn't make sense that Apple will do with HR which isn't even a service provider. Using this phone on Rogers w/o a competitive data plan like AT&T will not make use to the full potential of this device, so I can't see how Apple is partnering up with HR. Unless HR just ordered a ton of iPhones through Apple and just reselling it in Canada all on its own hoping to rack a profit of $400/phone.

MacDailyNews has a link to a rumour that Canada will get the iPhone in two weeks — and that it will cost $799!

Since the converging values of the Canadian and U.S. dollars (Canada's was worth $1.03 U. S. recently) — at this writing the Canadian dollar is worth .998 cents U.S. — and if this rumour is worth more than the paper it's written on, $799 would be outrageous. But the deal is with Rogers Cable, so I suppose anything is possible with that outfit.

I hope Apple won't be one of those many businesses fleecing consumers by not lowering the prices of imported goods being purchased with a dollar at virtual par with that of the U.S. The news media in Canada has been all over this story.

Apple store Canada

Apple store U.S.

Apple and Rogers would have a lot of 'splainin' to do if iPhones cost $799.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Very wierd how a high end clothing store will sell electronics.... and I thought Apple always want a share of the plans that people sign with their contract... I mean its the same with AT&T and O2... so this doesn't make sense that Apple will do with HR which isn't even a service provider. Using this phone on Rogers w/o a competitive data plan like AT&T will not make use to the full potential of this device, so I can't see how Apple is partnering up with HR. Unless HR just ordered a ton of iPhones through Apple and just reselling it in Canada all on its own hoping to rack a profit of $400/phone.

If HR just ordered a bunch of iphones without dealing with Rogers then they would have to sell them unlocked. And we know how well unlocked phones are turning out. I can't believe that this rumor made it to any credible sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook, 2.2GHz , 2gb RAM, 160gb HD. iPod 5g 30gb
Aus??

How about Australia..does any one know when/if iphone's coming out

i know its unlocked and able to work on several aus networks but the only way ive found to get one is ebay..:Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.