Quick education discount question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
Hey guys.

On the apple store, I clicked education discount and it says, that I have to be a (quote)
"Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in New Zealand"

By higher education, does it only mean University? Or does it also include high school and junior high school.

Also how do they check that you are a student if you have it shipped, do you need to show them an ID or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
Uni only I think..

With the aussie apple site you have to select your listed university and it takes you to the discounted store section. Plus when I brought mine from an apple store that did the discount I had to show my student card. So maybe if you have a friend at uni.....

OP
ChaePod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh.. that sucks...

anyone elase know for sure? I really want to get a student discount..

Reaction score
When I got mine, I used my student ID after selecting my school. I called them after I had placed my order and they said to fax my letter of acceptance into them as well as proof... You could always give them a quick call to ensure you get the discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm pretty sure it's college/university level only as my local Apple Store wouldn't accept my sister's high school ID as eligible for the student discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Higher education means anything after high school. Community college...university...you know.

OP
ChaePod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aww man.,.

that is so stupid..... Is it illegal to get your cousin (in uni) to buy it then give it to you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
aww man.,.

that is so stupid..... Is it illegal to get your cousin (in uni) to buy it then give it to you?

illegal?? no :)

although some people on here are moral police and will give you crap about that

OP
ChaePod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok if it's not illegal, I'll do that lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's not illegal because technically your cousin, who is perfectly qualified, is buying it with the discount. What he does after that is his business. So if he wants to give it to you, that's his prerogative.

I did this for my brother. He's still in high school, so I used my educational discount to get his iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Hi-Def/2GB RAM/250GB HD // iPhone 3Gs 16GB // iPod Classic 80GB
I used my work discount to get my brother and sister-in-law an iMac. I then called Apple to transfer the applecare from my name to theirs, so that if there was a problem they could call for help without any issues from me.

Apple didn't say a thing about the situation, and the young lady at Applecare took care of it right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.