Quick GIMP Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Hi all, I was just surfing some screenshots of GIMP, and i found this shot. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do this.

translation =

ähnlich einfärben = similarly dye

einstellungen = attitudes

ziel = a goal

quelle = pours (verb)

Thanks!!

windowsxp_screenshot1.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ha, ha, i feel stupid... i forgot to upload the pic!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am guessing that this is something like Photoshop's Match Color command. I have hunted through my GIMP menus, but haven't found anything similar. I am guess that what you want to do is to make the colors similar between the two pictures? What version of GIMP is this?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am guessing that this is something like Photoshop's Match Color command. I have hunted through my GIMP menus, but haven't found anything similar. I am guess that what you want to do is to make the colors similar between the two pictures? What version of GIMP is this?

That is it exactly! My guess is that this is 2.4 or 2.2 they both have very similar menu structures. I've searched my menus too, but to no avail. now that i know what it is called in PS i can google it.

Result from google:
Answer is in the comments near the bottom. It's called Sample Colorize. But it is nowhere near the look and ease of PS CS. I'll go home and play around tonight and see what I get. if it's not good, I may end up pruchasing the adobe stuff :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hmmm..., I followed the link you provided and found the reference. It says this:

As far as it seems, the the Match Color tool in Photoshop is works more like mapping an image's color gradient/profile onto the other image. Unless I am doing something wrong, "sample colorize" just acts like colorize, and makes it one color in GIMP. Please help if I am wrong? Thanks.

This suggests that Sample Colorize won't do the same thing, which would be too bad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi all, I was just surfing some screenshots of GIMP, and i found this shot. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do this.

translation =

ähnlich einfärben = similarly dye

einstellungen = attitudes

ziel = a goal

quelle = pours (verb)

Thanks!!
I'm not sure exactly what the question is, but in this case, "quelle" means "source", not "pours".

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure exactly what the question is, but in this case, "quelle" means "source", not "pours".

How would you differentiate? I don't mean to turn this into a german lesson here!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.