Arg i hate windows give me a macbook!! But which one?

Reaction score
Hmm, well ive looked over the apple site over and over drooling over the shexy macbook pros, i did decide to get the 2.4ghz model but after getting logged out and not being able to get back into ebay and then being outbid on the MBpro i was going to get i felt like fate was trying to tell me something. I dont know whether the 2.2ghz model will be just as suited to my needs. I decided to get one after finding out all of the computers on the photography course i intend to go on next year are macs (not to mention the fact windows does my head in.) I want to use it for mainly photo editing on PS and lightroom but i will be wanting to install a copy of vista using boot camp and i may do some gaming (will directx 10 games run okay on the 2.2ghz model? not the end of the world if they dont as i do most of my gaming on consoles.) I dont know if the extra video memory and CPU speed will be worth the extra money as i am pretty poor at the moment. Im really stuck here guys!!

PS sorry bout the self centered post but maybe this will shed some light for others trying to make the same decision

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I think the 2.2ghz will be fine for your photography needs. I should point out though that no current MacBook Pro can run DX10. The 7300GT is a DX9.1 card, and a poor one at that.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I think the 2.2ghz will be fine for your photography needs. I should point out though that no current MacBook Pro can run DX10. The 7300GT is a DX9.1 card, and a poor one at that.

MB-Pro are all 8600 powered. That is most definitely DX10 able.

The 7300 is the base card in the Mac Pro range but anyone buying a Mac Pro to play Windows games on nedds a good slap. ;)

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
MB-Pro are all 8600 powered. That is most definitely DX10 able.

The 7300 is the base card in the Mac Pro range but anyone buying a Mac Pro to play Windows games on nedds a good slap. ;)

Amen-Moses

Oops, my mistake.

The 7300GT in the Mac Pro is a strange decision for a $2500+ machine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well... you have to go all the way up to a GeForce 7950 before you get DX10 compatibility, so I can understand. Also, I can see why Apple would not consider it beholden to maintaining compatibility with a Microsoft standard!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.